Brampton is owned and produced by Rustenburg Winery, one of S. A.'s oldest and most repected producers. The Brampton range is a more modern, fruit diven range of wines sourced mainly from the Stellenbosch. The name "Brampton" is derived from the name of a champion bovine that was raised on the Rustenburg estate. All wines are under screw-cap, and are quite reasonable priced.
visit www.capeclassics.com for more information
Brampton Rose, 2006
- Perfect, if you need an early season rose fix.
- This wine is a bit of a "kitchen-sink" blend with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Mouvedre and Pinotage all contributing something.
- Bright cherry red in color.
- Cherry/berry aromatics.
- This wine has a soft and easy style typical of decent rose, with some acidty to balance the fruit - definitely a dry style rose.
- Turns a bit smoky and fleshy on the finish.
Brampton Chardonnay Unoaked, 2006
- 100% Chardonnay
- Pale Gold in color
- Sweet fruit aromas on the nose with wet stones and almond overtones.
- Fleshy on the palate with good intensity.
- Quite good - racy, chalky and pleaant to drink.
Brampton Shiraz, 2004
- Extremely dark, purply black color.
- Roasted aromas with a chewy blackberry flavors.
- 97% Syrah, 3% Viognier.
- Fleshy and velvety on the palate.
- Chalky quality on the finish with good fruit and dusty tannins.